Dr Ruth Brady
Multi Award Winner in Advanced Facial Aesthetics
Dr Ruth Brady is a multi-award winning Dental Surgeon who has gained recognition for her work in the field of dentistry known as Advanced Facial Aesthetics.
Dr Ruth works non- surgically on the face to improve a range of features. She improves profiles by changing the balance between the nose and the chin and enhances features to make the face look younger. She can slim down the face by reducing the size of the jaw muscles.
She also has great success in treating oro-facial pain and jaw joint pain, symptoms of clenching and grinding, certain types of headaches and excessive sweating.
Dr Ruth studied Dentistry at Liverpool University Dental School, qualifying in 1981 where she gained her degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
She then trained in Dental Implantology, Advanced Restorative Dentistry and Occlusion at the Sheffield and Manchester University Dental Schools.
In 2004 she started training in Advanced Non Surgical Facial Aesthetics at a world renowned institute in Berkshire, where she is now a senior instructor and has recently been made an ambassador.
She continues to develop her skills by attending various advanced masterclass courses, including a supermasterclass on the full face, and by attending many of the conferences.
- Multi-award winner (7) of national and international awards across a wide range of categories: Lip Augmentation, Full Face, Mid Face, Profile Enhancement, Botulinum Toxin, Most Difficult Case of Botulinum Toxin, and Treatment Planning Awards. (2016-17)
- Judge for the Facial Aesthetic Awards (Aesthetic Dentistry Awards) (2016)
- Judge for the IAAFA Awards (2018)
- Platinum member of IAAFA (International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics)
- Excellence Rated by Save Face. This is a government-backed regulatory body accredited by the Professional Standards Authority and is recognised by the Department of Health, NHS England, the CQC and Health Education England. It seeks to distinguish between healthcare and the wider beauty industry.
- Ambassador and Senior Instructor for the world renowned Dr BK training Institute in Reading.
- Founder, Leader and Mentor of a northern Advanced Facial Aesthetics Study group
Ruth has been asked to give various lectures on her subject in London, Manchester and Leeds.
“From the moment I met Ruth I knew I was in safe hands. Ruth’s passion and thorough knowledge of facial aesthetics is second to none, she is professional yet friendly, I immediately felt at ease as she carefully explained each part of the procedure! Having had Botox once before, the experience with Ruth was very different! I now will NOT go anywhere else!
I walked in as a tired, saggy 55 yr old, at my review (Yes I even got a complimentary review so that Ruth could check that both she and I were happy with the results!) I walked in with a spring in my step, smiling and happy -as not only had I gained a more youthful look but also heaps more confidence!! Thank you Ruth, you were recommended to me and I would not hesitate in recommending you to anyone!!”
Aesthetically, Ruth is a great believer in natural results, consistent with normal anatomy. The ‘natural look’ is her hallmark. She considers the whole face to assess how youth and balance can be restored, in accordance with correct anatomy, rather than just considering features in isolation. In her in-depth consultations she tries to understand what the patient’s concerns are, and what they would like to achieve. It is important that both patient and operator have a clear view of objectives and expectations before treatment commences. Using the most up-to-date techniques utilising cannulae rather than needles she is able to reduce ‘downtime’ to a minimum and allow patients to return to work or social activities more quickly.
In full face cases, she likes to do her work in stages to achieve a gradual transformation. It is then not obvious that the patient has been receiving treatment. She is a very empathetic clinician who is very good with nervous patients.
Her work had boosted the appearances and confidence of many patients to date and she has produced two books illustrating her work. These are used for patient education and show how this type of work can make such a difference to the face and yet look so natural.
In cases of oro–facial pain, Ruth has reduced symptoms of jaw pain, jaw-joint pain and headaches by as much as 90% in many cases. This has been life-changing for many patients.